Saturday, October 20, 2012

New Music: "Pretty, Sure" by Old Best Friend


I first heard Mike Comite of Old Best Friend this summer at Common Ground when he was playing with Julia Nunes. Together they played a couple of songs from the Old Best Friend EP Keep in Touch and I was sold pretty much right from the opening line of "Things That Happen." I bought the EP that day, listened to it about ten trillion times. It's fantastic.

So naturally, when Mike posted a new song a couple days ago, I was all over it. I felt like I'd been waiting an awfully long time to hear something new. I was not disappointed.

It isn't all shiny like a studio recording but it's everything I love about Old Best Friend. It tells an interesting story in a way that makes you want to hear it. Again and again, in my case. I can't wait to hear what comes next.


Pretty, Sure (Live) by Old Best Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment